Baldivis Secondary College is deeply committed to providing opportunities for staff to further enhance the knowledge, skills, practices, and dispositions they need to help students perform at higher levels and in doing so develop their career pathways.
Professional Learning Community
Our Professional Learning Community provide a framework for teachers to be actively engaged in updating and extending their professional knowledge and practice. We believe that this is necessary for them to remain effective in their role as they progress to being exemplary classroom practitioners and leaders in the profession. Supporting staff to pursue their own career pathways is a key focus of staff development at Baldivis Secondary College.
Senior Teacher Status
Senior Teachers are experienced teachers committed to high quality teaching and ongoing professional learning. They use their experiences and skills to perform duties in addition to their normal teaching roles, including:
- contributing to curriculum development
- mentoring graduates, returning teachers and those trained overseas
- supervising pre-service teachers
- assisting in the professional learning of colleagues.
Click here to find out more about the process of becoming a Senior Teacher.
Level 3 Classroom Teacher
Level 3 Classroom Teachers are exemplary teachers recognised and rewarded for their exceptional teaching practices. They play important roles in providing and supporting high quality teaching and leadership in schools.
Level 3 Classroom Teachers are highly skilled in:
- meeting the learning needs of their students
- developing and implementing student assessment and reporting strategies
- reflecting on and improving their teaching practices
- developing and delivering professional learning for colleagues
- providing leadership in their school communities.
Click here to find out more about the process of becoming a Level 3 Classroom Teacher.