This course is geared towards those students who wish to study Physical Education Studies in Year 11 in 2019. Students will be exposed to all facets of the Health and Physical Education curriculum through this course as well as a number of exciting excursions, use of the Fitness Centre and involvement in the wider community.
- Minimum B Grade in Physical Education
- Minimum C Grade in Year 8 English
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills and Behaviour
- Excellent Participation, PE Uniform and Attendance endorsement from the HPE department via application
- Sound level of physical fitness
- Performance Studies
- Principles of Training
- Fitness Analysis
- Leadership & Coaching
- Cross Training
- Recreation/Outdoor Pursuits
Students will need to be flexible with timetabling at times due to the activities involved in the course as well as possible field trips/excursions. Also please note that the Sports Science Physical Education course has a 50% theory component and a 50% practical component.