Strong community and industry representation is encouraged on the Board to ensure it can make a significant contribution to the development of the College. The College Board is a legally formed body that, in partnership with the Principal, is given powers to set and monitor the key directions of the College. It is the major governing body of the school and oversees the school’s performance. The Board participates in:
- Endorsing the Delivery and Performance Agreement;
- Endorsing and regularly reviewing the college budget and Business Plan;
- Processes to review the college’s performance;
- Processes to determine satisfaction levels of parents, staff and students during the life of the Delivery and Performance Agreement, with results reported in the Annual Report; and
- Endorsing the Annual Report.
The Baldivis Secondary College Board is unincorporated and therefore does not:
- Own assets,
- Manage a bank account,
- Borrow money,
- Offer any financial security for liabilities, or
- Enter into a contract involving a financial outlay.
Our College Board is made up of;
i) Six (6) parents
ii) Two (2) students;
iii) up to Four (4) members of the general community (seconded by the Board) at any one time; and
iv) Three (2) staff of the school in addition to the Principal and Associate Principal.
Terms of Reference
Nominating for the College Board
The Baldivis Secondary College Board is delighted to announce that we will shortly be conducting an election to elect Board members in the parent category for the Baldivis Secondary College Board. To qualify as a parent representative, individuals must by law have responsibility for the long term care, welfare and development of the child; or for the day to day care, welfare and development of the child.
Parent members are to be elected from and by parents. Parents eligible to vote are:
a) each parent whose name and address has been provided to the school; or
b) if neither parent’s name and address has been so provided in relation to a particular student, each person who is responsible for the student.
Click here to view the profiles of the nominees.
Additional resources can be found of the Department of Education’s website;