Strong community and industry representation is encouraged on the Board to ensure it can make a significant contribution to the development of the College. The College Board is a legally formed body that, in partnership with the Principal, is given powers to set and monitor the key directions of the College. It is the major governing body of the school and oversees the school’s performance. The Board participates in:
- Endorsing the Delivery and Performance Agreement;
- Endorsing and regularly reviewing the college budget and Business Plan;
- Processes to review the college’s performance;
- Processes to determine satisfaction levels of parents, staff and students during the life of the Delivery and Performance Agreement, with results reported in the Annual Report; and
- Endorsing the Annual Report.
The Baldivis Secondary College Board is unincorporated and therefore does not:
- Own assets,
- Manage a bank account,
- Borrow money,
- Offer any financial security for liabilities, or
- Enter into a contract involving a financial outlay.
Our College Board is made up of;
i) Six (6) parents
ii) Two (2) students;
iii) up to Four (4) members of the general community (seconded by the Board) at any one time; and
iv) Three (2) staff of the school in addition to the Principal and Associate Principal.
Terms of Reference
Click here to view the profiles of the nominees.
Board Nominations 2021
There are currently the following membership positions available for the College Board:
- Two (2) parents/;
- One (1) College staff member; and
- Two (2) students 15 years and over.
Information on how to apply can be found by clicking here.
Additional resources can be found of the Department of Education’s website;