The Baldivis Cricket Academy operates from Year 7-12 offering students the opportunity to engage in specialist coaching over four periods a week fostering their physical and psychological development. The course presents many opportunities, challenges and experiences that include:
- WACA umpiring accreditation
- Bio-mechanical analysis
- Sports nutrition
- Sports psychology
- Goal setting
- Organisational skills
- Certificate II in Sports Coaching
- Individual skill development
- Fitness testing and training
- Cricket specific resistance training facility
- Off fitness training
- Indoor Cricket
- Umpiring BASSA and RASSA T20 Blast carnivals
Excursions, Camps and Tours
- Interstate Tours
- Overseas tours
- Narrogin Camp
- Bunbury Camp
- WACA Visit
- Fixtures against other schools
- Graeme Wood Shield
- Kim Hughes Shield
- Pursuit of excellence
- Social and emotional development
- Engaging students in education.
- Respect and concern for others, community and environment.
- Physical development, health and well‐being.
- Opening the window to the sports industry
- To provide a high quality specialised course of study that seeks to motivate, engage and inspire young people with an interest in all aspects of the Cricket and sports industry.
- To provide a program that encourages students to improve their academic outcomes to the highest possible level.
- To promote the development of high level interpersonal skills, such as leadership, discipline, sportsmanship and social and civic responsibility.
- To develop skills, attitudes and values that encourages lifelong participation in health and physical activities and explores opportunities for future career paths.
Baldivis Secondary College have recently upgraded the cricket facilities by relaying the cricket field. This will be complimented by an extension of the training facilities in January 2017. The Academy has a dedicated Sports Hall, strength and conditioning resistance gym and state of the art computer labs where students are able to complete bio-mechanical analysis to enhance their athletic performance.
The Baldivis Cricket Academy staff are accredited Level 2 Coaches with a range of WACA playing and coaching experience. They are extremely passionate about cricket and delivering a high quality program that looks to, not only develop strong cricketers, but strong academics who are respected within the school community.
All students with a passion for cricket are encouraged to apply for a position in the academy. Selection will be made on the basis of academic rigor, cricket skills and training attitude and effort. Students will be required to attend a trial day in Term 3, after which they will be advised on the success of their application. However, there is the opportunity for students of all year groups to trial for positions anytime during the year. It is important to note that all students are expected to maintain a high level of achievement in all other aspects of their school program.
For more information, please contact: