The Science curriculum is focused around the three interrelated strands of the Australian Curriculum which are:
- Science Understanding
- Science as a Human Endeavour
- Science Inquiry Skills.
Together, these three strands provide students with the understanding, knowledge and skills through which they can develop a scientific view of the world. Students are challenged to explore science, its concepts, nature and uses through clearly described inquiry processes.
We aim to ensure that students:
- Are confident & creative communicators of scientific processes and are able to use these skills to investigate, analyse & evaluate situations in their personal life and work as active citizens.
- Develop a sophisticated understanding of scientific concepts in the areas of Biological, Chemical, Physical and Earth & Space Science.
- Recognize the connections between concepts within these areas of science and relate this to the nature, development and use of science within society.
- Are encouraged to identifying and pose questions; plan, conduct and reflect on investigations; process, analyze and interpreting evidence; and communicate their findings. They are also encouraged to evaluate claims, investigate ideas, and solve problems by drawing valid conclusions and develop evidence-based arguments.